Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Power of Love

I learned something today from my birdie.

Around noon today, one of the chicks (the smaller size) dropped from the nest. I tried help the chick but it flew away. Then the second chick also flew leaving the nest. Both of the chicks ended up in the tree nearby.

A few minutes later, the mother came back with food but could not find the chicks. I could see the sadness in the behavior of the mother. It then when looking for the chicks and flew to and fro for a few times. I think after a while it managed to find both of the chicks in the nearby tree.

The whole afternoon, I spent my time watching the mother bird (in between my meetings) trying to get the chicks to fly into the nest. At last at 6:40pm the mother successfully get both chicks to fly back into the nest. I watched the mother spent a few minutes fending off the attacker and also to pacify the chicks before it flew again. This time to bring food for the hungry chicks.

At this moment, the mother is busy feeding the hungry chicks.

It bring tears to my eyes watching how strong the love of a mother towards its chicks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home