Friday, August 12, 2005

What A Hazy Day

Woke up late yesterday and felt very lethargic. Decided not to send my kid to school and let them stayed at home. On the way to the office, the visibility was very low (less than 100 meter).


My neighborhood at 8:30am 11/8/05: On the way to work

I had an outdoor lunch today at Bangi together with 20+ of my researchers. I took them to lunch to celebrate the one who got promotions. The thing is i do not know which one got the promotion and which one did not. It was so secret that the immediate boss was not in the know. But other staff sure did. So much secrecy that it renders the bosses to be ineffective in doing their jobs.

Back to haze, well it was still hazy at 2:30pm in UPM-MTDC.


UPM-MTDC at 2:30pm 11/8/05: On the way to work

After lunch I went straight to my PhD class at UIA. Today (11/8/2005) I started my class at 3:30pm (with Computer Network Security) and supposed to end with a Seminar class. Officially I do not have to take any classes except Seminar and Engineering Ethics in order to complete my PhD, but I try to structure my PhD to be similar to PhD program in US where students need to complete 30 credits and complete a Thesis before they can be called a Dr. So now I am auditing Advanced Computer Communication Network, Distributed Multimedia Systems, Computer Network Security, Seminar, and Engineering Ethics. my courseload (15 credits) is definitely more than the Masters student.

At about 5:00pm (after my Security class), we were informed that the university to be closed for the day until further notice due to haze. So I decided to go straight home. One the way home I snapped the photo below:


MRR2: View from my Car (5:20pm 11/8/05)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home