Friday, April 15, 2005

My Commitment Was Questioned...

Yesterday late evening(April 14, 2005), my boss called me to his room and he informed me that in the Management Meeting, the CEO questioned my committment. My boss told me that he defended me and "cover" for me.

Today, I checked with others present in the meeting, they were unanimous that my boss did not explain to the CEO about my predicament. One of the Management Team members told me the comment made was "He rarely present during functions which I attended and always has the excuse of sick wife, sick children, he himself sick, but when it come to golf he always present").

The thing is I got food poisoning and could not give an unofficial briefing at one of the workshop conducted by one of the project teams under my program.

It seemed that I was charged, tried,and punished without giving me a chance to defend myself. The minutes of meeting will be a permanent record as long as the company is in existance. The charges against me was so vague that it has to be coming from complaints from one of my "boys" who tried to save his skin.

The point is I do not need defending and I do not need covering. What I need is for my boss to tell the truth.


In this case should I request for a meeting with the Top Management to highlight to him how this subsidiary is being managed? What do you think guys?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home